Monday, September 2, 2013

Post Cards

 A while back some one asked me about post cards.
Believe it or not it is still one of the Best ways to contact publishers.
Some like emails but some don't, so to be on the safe side send a postcard.

Now I am not an expert, as I said in one of my last posts, I really wish I had taken graphic design while I was in college, but I didn't so text all guess work for me. But I wanted to share some of my process using one of my current post cards as an example.


I take my favorite painting and I bring it in to Indesign. I am sure there are many ways to do this but this is the simplest for me.


I like to put a boarder around it and Kimberli Studio on the front so that my studio name is associated with the image right away.


On the back I put my studio name again and my contact information. When I send them by mail I write a little note to the publisher.

If you would like to look at more artist post card then take a look at these amazing artists postcards Cory Godbey and Teagan White.

I hope all this is helpful.

PS. I now have a Face Book page for my art https://www.facebook.com/kimberlistudio

No comments:

Post a Comment